IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier personal financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $160 billion in total assets under management as of September 30, 2018. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
As part of Power Financial Corporation, we are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies. We recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
Our Human Resources department at IGM is looking to add a dynamic Talent Advisor to our team for an initial six month contract. Working with the Human Resources Consultant team and the Business Groups that they support, the Talent Advisor will be responsible for full life cycle recruitment in order to source and hire top talent into the organization. In addition to hiring for current needs, the Talent Advisor will also be building a pipeline of talent for the future.
Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition & Strategy IGM, the Talent Advisor will have the following key responsibilities:
- Provide full cycle recruitment across all divisions of the organization; including: sourcing, screening, interviewing, evaluating and providing recommendations to hiring managers, co-ordinating reference and background checks and negotiating offers
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with HR Consultants, Hiring Managers and Candidates
- Regularly informs HR Consultants and Hiring Managers as to the status of the recruitment process while managing Hiring Managers’ expectations throughout the process
- Learn and understand the different business areas along with the values and culture of the organization
- Source and build a talent pipeline for core business roles using proactive sourcing strategies
- Manages all search activities and candidates through the use of our Applicant Tracking System (iCIMS) and ensuring that minimum standards are followed
- Track metrics such as cost per hire and time to hire
- Manage relationships with third party search agencies
- Active participant in various recruitment initiatives surrounding increasing quality of hire and decreasing time to hire
- Assist with large recruitment campaigns where needed such as RSP, Summer Student and Intern programs
- Identify areas for improvement within recruitment process and recommend actionable solutions
- Advise on best recruitment practices
The following qualifications will assist the successful candidate in accomplishing these functions:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in full cycle recruitment dealing with high volumes in a fast paced environment preferably in the Information Technology field
- University Degree or College Diploma with a Human Resources specialization
- Demonstrated ability to deliver creative and innovative candidate sourcing techniques, including a track record of sourcing passive candidates
- Strong understanding of Human Rights legislation
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (iCIMS is an asset)
- Experience with Linked In Recruiter in order to actively source candidates. Other social media recruitment experience would be an asset
- Highly organized and able to deal with multiple demands from various stakeholders
- Ability to influence and strong decision making and negotiation skills
- Excellent relationship management skills in order to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer focused with a positive, collaborative attitude
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by November 15, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.