The Marketing Department at IGM Financial (in Toronto) is currently accepting applications for the position of Manager Sponsorship & Community Engagement. Reporting to the Director of Sponsorship and Community, this role will be accountable for supporting the Marketing team around key Sponsorships, events and Charitable work including leveraging opportunities, measurement and return on marketing investment.
- High energy, passionate person with a positive attitude
- A strategic and driven manager who loves meeting deadlines, details and deliverables
- Focused on building brands and leverage multiple marketing channels to drive awareness and results.
You excel at:
- Understanding the intersect between business and marketing objectives
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with vendors, business and community partners
- Planning and executing events and promotional campaigns that are fun, exciting and relevant
- Integrating digital and social channels into marketing driven initiatives
- Motivating staff, vendors and clients
- Managing data, maintaining basic statistics, staying on budget and producing engaging reports
The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will include:
Sponsorships & Events (50%)
- Responsible for supporting Director Sponsorship and agency of record around largescale sponsorship events for major partners including Mackenzie Tour – PGA TOUR Canada and Snow Sports Canada.
- Work with employee communications to create annual internal plan, including events, communications and brand ambassador programs to drive employee engagement.
- Ensures all compliance and regulatory requirements are observed, recorded and inputted
- Manage relationships with internal partners including marketing and sales divisions
Mackenzie Charitable Foundation (25%)
- Work with Director and Mackenzie Investments' Charitable Employee Committee around development of annual giving strategy, tactics and execution
- Drive diversity and inclusivity mandate, with a focus on women empowerment
- Leverage sponsorship partners and affiliated charities
- Coordinate the annual giving campaign logistics, working with recipients around donations
- Manage annual employee communications and events in support of charitable giving strategy
- Promote and educate employees about volunteer opportunities, encouraging employees to get involved
IG Community Programs (25%)
- Support IG Community Platform including advisor financial literacy training, education, seminars and initiatives
- Support internal promotion and communication of IG Community Platform activities
- Work with IG Sponsorship & Community Engagement team around annual national United Way campaign
- Help manage 3rd party agencies driving annual community and supporting PR initiatives
- Manage annual Dyslexia Canada campaign, focus on Dyslexia Awareness Month in October
The following qualifications will assist the successful candidate in carrying out these responsibilities:
- 5-7 years of experience working within a Marketing and Brand and/or communications role
- University Degree within a related field (e.g. Marketing, Communications, etc.)
- Experience implementing a marketing strategy and sponsorship strategy
- Experience supporting event sponsorships
- Working knowledge of capital markets and the financial services industry, including the understanding of our model of intermediated distribution
- Exceptional relationship management and communications skills
- Excellent ability to interpret and provide revision guidance for creative campaigns
- Excellent budget management skills
- Proven proficiency in the development of sponsorship plans and briefing documents
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solver with ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proven team player who is a self starter and proactive
- Well developed and proven project management skills
- Bilingual (French) would be considered a strong asset
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by October 2, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. This position is a job grade level 11. The referral bonus for this position is 2.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.