IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier personal financial services companies, and one of the country’s largest managers and distributors of mutual funds and other managed asset products, with over CAD$154 billion in total assets under management at October 31, 2017. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
As a member of our Digital Technology team at IGM, you will be joining a dynamic and highly collaborative group with experience in and passion for delivering innovative solutions for our clients, advisors, and employees using the latest technology and insights. As a Director Digital Delivery, you will work closely with business partners across the Investors Group and Mackenzie Investments transformation portfolio. You will have an opportunity to partner up with business and technology stakeholders and external suppliers, contribute directly to the digital roadmap, work closely with our agile teams, and lead the successful execution of strategic initiatives delivering a differentiated experience and digital capabilities to IGM clients, advisors, and employees.
- Accountable to manage the business relationship from a Project / Solution-centric approach, partnering closely with Account Managers, and help steer the Development leads
- Support overall planning and demand / partner management discussions with business leaders and technology partners, ensuring alignment and clarity of project-based intake, capacity, prioritization and progress.
- Be a technical advisor by ensuring well considered technology perspectives & expertise are integrated into business decision making processes – by ensuring early engagement and involvement of key technology partners (i.e. Architecture, Development, CoEs).
- Leverage business and technology acumen to translate complex technology concepts into business language; ensuring input and recommendations are addressing and answering business questions and requirements.
- Forge collaborative partnerships; negotiating and building alignment to ensure clear direction across business, technology and 3rd party partners during the execution of projects.
- Communicate project / solution vision, goals and priorities to project team members (e.g. Development, Systems Analysis, CoEs, PMs).
- Responsible for ensuring Distribution technology projects deliver on defined business outcomes.
- Be actively engaged and involved in project-level business decisioning – understanding trade-offs and communicating decisions, priorities and relevant project information to technology and business partners
- Ensure stakeholder expectations are clear at the on-set of projects and be proactive in identifying and resolving disconnects through negotiation or governance mechanisms.
- Support the identification and on-boarding of the right skill-sets and capabilities from internal functional team leaders and external partners.
- Monitor projects (in partnership with PMO) and assist in identifying and addressing issues that could impact meeting timelines, budget and / or scope.
- Ensure operational, reputational & intellectual risks are understood by project teams.
- Ensure the oversight for resolution of escalated IT issues.
- Support the execution of change management activities (i.e., frequent communication about rationale for change, impacts of changes, actions to minimize disruption and achieve desired results)
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Financial Services Industry experience required
- Salesforce platform experience desired
- University degree required
- Masters degree in Technology or Business desired
- Strong experience with digital project delivery and program governance required
- Experience with Agile methodology required
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification and experience desired
- Travel, up to 20%
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Change Management: Ability to successfully articulate and guide the others through change, while maintaining focus, intensity and team cohesion.
- Versatility and Resilience: The successful candidate will be able to oversee multiple projects and excel in a complex and evolving portfolio. S/he will have a proven track record of setting and meeting aggressive goals and action plans, both as an individual and with a team
- Development of Others: Ability to enable the personal and professional development of team members through effective leadership, empowerment, training, coaching, mentoring, motivation and supervision
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by September 26, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.