Who We Are
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier personal financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $156 billion in total assets under management as of March 31, 2018. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
As part of Power Financial Corporation, we are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies. We recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
The Quality Management division within IGM Financial Inc. is accepting applications for the position of Manager, Quality Shared Service & Digital Systems to work as part of the leadership team reporting to the AVP of Quality Management.
How You Will Succeed
- Provides leadership, supervision and staff development to build and maintain a strong Quality Management practice
- Participates in enterprise initiatives and project development to provide input and recommendations to ensure the successful delivery of a high-quality product or service
- Creates, establishes and manages Quality Management policies and procedures
- Provides leadership and oversight in creating and maintaining quality assurance validation through standard procedures, working practices and guidelines
- Provides direction and guidance in the development and management of test plans, scripts and test summary reports for defects and issues found during testing
- Leads the QM Team to work closely across other functional teams including infrastructure and project managers as required to define, specify, document, implement and validate a project as it moves through Agile, Iterative or Waterfall SDLC
- Help lead the application of industry standard testing methodologies and right practices for IGM in testing across all functional areas and projects within IT
- Gathers and disseminates quality status information to executive level management as required
Who You Are
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competency:
- People Management: The individual will provide leadership and effective management of staff; accountable to influence employee commitment to the organization, to the team, and to their job. Set appropriate context when assigning work to link the employee’s work to organizational/ business unit goals. Lead and build a team and individual capabilities to ensure employees can perform to job requirements
- Quality Management: The successful candidate will have at least five years of Quality Management or Quality Assurance experience with some of that time leading major projects and initiatives. If that, Quality experience has been within Asset Management, Wealth Management or Capital Markets that would be a major asset but not a requirement
- Integrity: S/he will adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and will set a positive example for others
- Relationship Management: The successful candidate will have a proven ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers. The individual will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, and executive presence; s/he will be highly credible with senior executives while also able to connect and build trust- based relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an S/he will gain commitment, trust and support from others and will be able to sell ideas inside and outside the organization
- Versatility and Resilience: The successful candidate will be able to oversee multiple projects and excel in a complex and evolving portfolio. S/he will demonstrate appropriate flexibility in all situations and will be comfortable with ambiguity, while pivoting from macro to micro issues, from shaping the technology, innovation, digital, and strategy agenda through to the day-to- day details of operations and compliance issues
- Determination: The successful candidate will not be afraid to challenge the status quo; s/he will exhibit a mindset of creativity, determination, and an energetic drive to succeed. S/he will have a proven track record of setting and meeting aggressive goals and action plans, both as an individual and with a team
- Change Leadership: S/he will successfully guide the organization through change, while maintaining focus, intensity and team cohesion. S/he will be a confident leader with a low ego, and an ability to challenge and defend positions in a respectful way. S/he will be viewed as a visible leader, capable of building and articulating a shared vision for change
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by, September 21, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The referral bonus level for this position is 3.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.