The Client Experience team at Mackenzie Investments is accepting applications for the position of Innovation and Engagement Specialist with a focus on Continuous Improvement. Reporting to the Manager, Service Innovation, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with the service organzation to drive client engagement and improve business results. The specialist is responsible for working through all key improvement phases and ensures all processes implemented are optimized for long-term success, post-implementation. In addition, the successful candidate will present the results of their analysis to key stakeholders as well as acting as a point of contact for Continuous Improvement.
The successful candidate will actively champion the following:
Innovate & Discover
- Project selection and refinement
- Process discoveries and data collection through sampling, programming, and other data collection methods
- Identifying key areas of opportunities through Pareto analysis
- Creating business cases with defined problem, objective, and opportunity cost
- Developing and maintaining project plans
Consult & Engage
- Selecting project team members and defining roles
- Completing root cause analyses and prioritization
- Creating value stream and process maps
- Completing graphical analyses and hypothesis testing
- Producing report-outs with findings and recommendations
Develop & Deploy
- Designing and mistake-proofing future state
- Testing solutions through pilots and designed experiments
- Creating standard operating procedures for new processes
- Overseeing and managing all aspects of the improvement project implementation including the creation and execution of communication and training plans
- Reporting on improvement project progress
Operate & Support
- Crowd-sourcing improvement suggestions from multiple channels
- Supporting automation initiatives and data collection through Visual Basic and other programming
- Providing recurring and adhoc reporting and analysis relating to operational effectiveness
Sustain & Improve
- Creating and managing control plans and standardized reporting
- Overseeing adherence to standard operating procedures
- Completing final improvement projects reports summarizing improvement and quantifying benefits
- Producing scheduled dashboards showing progress on control plans
- Repatriating improvement processes back to the business units
The following qualifications will assist the successful candidate in carrying out these responsibilities:
- Lean or Lean Six Sigma training with proficiency in MiniTab or other statistical software.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the financial services industry in an operations or project intensive role.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or equivalent.
- Industry certifications or designations an asset, including IFIC, IFIC Operations, CSC etc.
- Extremely high proficiency with MS office, particularly Excel is required.
- Working knowledge of MS Access, Visio, and Tableau is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and diplomacy along with a great attention to detail.
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by, September 19, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. The referral bonus level for this position is 2. This position is a job grade level 10.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.