The Client Experience team at Mackenzie Investments is accepting applications for the position of Director, Service Innovation. Reporting to the VP, Client Solutions, this is a great opportunity to join our new multi-disciplinary team and make your mark. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the service innovation and engagement agenda with a focus on building capacity as well as identifying and overseeing projects that improve our overall service offering.
As the successful candidate, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Build and lead a team of expert problem solvers who use collaborative Process Excellence and Service Design techniques to deliver customer and business value.
- Provide regular feedback and performance evaluations to create and sustain a high performing and engaged team.
- Assist the VP with articulating and promoting the value of innovation and improvement to build engagement and evolve the role of service as it relates to the Investors Group and Mackenzie brand experience.
INNOVATION & CONSULTATION
- Liaise with cross functional internal partners in Service Design and Process Design to remain current with new strategies, technological advances and capabilities that affect the service organization.
- Understand and interpret new trends and advances to identify future critical capabilities.
- Work closely with senior leadership to prioritize opportunities and align on plans to execute connected, engaging service experiences and processes that optimize value.
- Use a combination of qualitative/quantitative research methodologies to uncover and deliver business improvement opportunities through active planning, facilitation and project management.
- Commit to learning and continuous development of your practice through informal and formal learning.
OVERSIGHT OVER THE SERVICE IMPROVEMENT ROADMAP
- Use collaborative process excellence / service design methodologies to discover/describe current state and ideate future state opportunities.
- Regularly communicate progress and manage cross-functional stakeholders and leaders to ensure we are working on the right things for our clients and have the support to make them come to life.
- Manage change effectively by working closely with implementation teams to establish high levels of user and employee understanding and engagement.
- Integrate new capabilities and improvements into service environment to strengthen client loyalty.
- Establish and improve key performance indicators (KPI) to evaluate the service operations ecosystem in collaboration with the Client Analytics team.
The following qualifications will assist the successful candidate in carrying out these responsibilities:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree, preference given to those with formal training disciplines related to business strategy, design research or business design
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in process excellence or service design with a keen understanding of or practical execution of both methodologies.
- Experience in planning, designing, execution, analysis, interpretation and reporting of customer experiences and operational improvement across both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Able to display a flexible and creative approach to problem solving.
- Have an excellent understanding of how customer’s needs and process challenges are translated into actionable insights that inform improvement roadmaps
- Passionate about delivering great experiences that users want; willing to put in the work to make it happen
- Strong project management skills; managing communication, timelines, defining clear objectives and delivering key insights on research questions in a timely manner
- Great storyteller with experience communicating insights and recommendations to all levels
- Proactive and self-motivated with strong problem solving and sound decision making ability
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile, Lean Startup, and other methodologies an asset
- Lean Silver or Gold certification and/or Six Sigma Green or Black Belt via a reputable provider is a must
- Must be able to demonstrate a portfolio of significant and quantifiable improvements in previous roles.
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by September 18, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.