IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier personal financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $156 billion in total assets under management as of March 31, 2018. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
As part of Power Financial Corporation, we are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies. We recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
IGM Technology is looking for a Salesforce Developer with the Digital Technology team in Toronto and Winnipeg.
The Salesforce Developers will design, develop, and integrate innovative and engaging digital wealth management solutions for the Investors Group and Mackenzie clients and advisors. The Developers will have an opportunity to work across the Investors Group and Mackenzie digital portfolio and join our multi-disciplinary Agile teams in close partnership with business partners and suppliers. The Developers will bring to the table outstanding problem-solving abilities and continue to develop their business and technology expertise and communication skills.
- Analyze, design, implement and test customized software applications built on Salesforce’s Force.com platform.
- Development of Salesforce functionality using the Salesforce API, APEX, Visualforce, Lightening Components and other tools that extend the product.
- Responsible for implementing part or all of the solution
- Providing technical support and input on the application of technology to the business and support areas
- Providing planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment
- Conduct unit tests and assist in test preparations to ensure data integrity
- Provide estimates for software development work
- Work closely with Project Managers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Systems Analysts, Systems Architects and other Software Developers
- After hours support maybe required
- Post secondary relevant degree/diploma (Computer Science, Computer Analyst/Programmer or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience with application development. Java experience preferred
- 4+ years of experience as a Salesforce developer. Salesforce Administrator and Developer Certifications are a bonus.
- Understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Sales Cloud, Financial/Service Cloud, App Cloud, Communities, Salesforce1, My Salesforce and AppExchange solutions
- In-depth knowledge of APEX, VisualForce, Salesforce Lightning, Force.com pages
- Knowledge of Salesforce security models
- Knowledge of configuration using workflow rules, approval processes, etc.
- Experience with Salesforce community portal administration and community builder concepts
- Must have experience with design and implementation of custom objects, Apex classes, Asynchronous Apex, controllers, Bulk API, Batch Apex, Triggers, Visualforce pages, HTML, JQuery, AJAX, JSON and CSS, SOQL and SOSL, Web Services (SOAP and REST), Apex Callouts, Unit test classes, Salesforce Security model and lightning components.
- Integration with on-premise or third-party solutions using RESTful Web Services
- Experience in data migration using workbench, Apex data loader, Import Wizard
- Experience with source code and release management tools, i.e. Git, BitBucket, Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team or individually
- Outstanding English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-starter, able to develop strong relationships with stakeholders, meet tight deadlines and tolerate change and ambiguity
- Demonstrated accuracy, thoroughness in completing tasks, and attention to detail
- Ability to provide creative solutions and possess strong problem-solving skills
- Proven experience working on large, complex, enterprise level solutions
- Proven success setting work priorities, multi-tasking and balancing varying demands
- Ability to lead and mentor others
- Positive attitude and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Dedication to keeping up to date with current trends and best practices
- A commitment to the Agile methodology. You have experience working in a SCRUM environment.
- Previous work at a large financial institution would be a definite asset
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by September 15, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.