We are IGM Financial – a Canadian leader in providing personal financial planning services, and dedicated to building
lasting client relationships. This is your opportunity to build a career with a leading organization where you can learn, grow and thrive both professionally and personally.
We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Architect to join our Winnipeg and Toronto Corporate Solutions Technology team to provide architectural and design direction to a portfolio of development work including projects and sustainment activities within the Transfer Agency platform, providing strong leadership, direction and support to I.T. teams within the Transfer Agency portfolio to grow our winning culture and to work closely with our business partners to deliver quality solutions that meet their needs.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible to design end to end architecture both high and low level.
- Responsible for architecting project integration solutions on behalf of the Transfer Agency platform, aligned to Enterprise Architecture Practices.
- Responsible for identification, design and operations of Transfer Agency assets.
- Responsible to shape the Transfer Agency roadmap.
- Working closely with LOB/consumers and providers throughout the project, will provide thought leadership, leading key stakeholders in designing and adopting Transfer Agency architecture.
- Able to identify architectural challenges and risk and proactively suggest a way to address them.
- Able to understand business needs and translate them into Transfer Agency design specifications.
- Interacting with Business Analysts, Architects, Developers and Project Managers/Scrum Master Operations to ensure end to end success.
- Apply a pragmatic approach to balance immediate and longer-term Transfer Agency platform development
- Provide advice and guidance to the delivery team to ensure a smooth implementation and remove road blocks, mitigating risks.
- Engage in peer review sessions of solution designs and provide feedback and recommendations to address any gaps found in artifact review.
- Provide architectural oversight over Transfer Agency solution designs to ensure consistency and continuity across all delivery teams
- Work collaboratively with the Enterprise Architecture group to ensure full team alignment in technology and goals.
- Comfortable working in both structured and unstructured environment, working towards a long term strategic goals and while willing and able to make fast decision having the courage to fail.
- Ability to guide developers across all relevant stages of Transfer Agency projects.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competencies and experience:
- Exposure to continuous development/integration principles
- Strong understanding of business trends
- Credibility in front of business customers at all levels and ability to expose complete
- Ability to negotiate and influence on key decisions.
- Experience in delivering enterprise Transfer Agency projects as architect.
- Track record in delivering complex enterprise scale software solutions.
- Have good understanding of the Financial Services industry
- Have University degree and/or post-graduate education
- Mutual Fund Transfer Agency System - experience in application architecture including FundSERV,
- Mutual Fund Transfer Agency business knowledge of products, features and operations
- Business Process Management System - experience in application architecture including integration projects
- Filenet and Datacap experience (an asset)
The successful candidate will have the following leadership skills:
- Delivery Mindset: The successful candidate will be able to oversee multiple projects and excel in a complex and evolving portfolio. With a proven track record of setting and meeting clear goals and action plans, both as an individual and with a team.
- Integrity: S/he will adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and will set a positive example for others.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: The successful candidate will have a proven track record of engaging and supporting and partnering with business units; working transparently and cooperatively with the cross-functional teams, and effectively engaging all pertinent stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Communication: The individual will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Credibility: S/he will be highly credible with business and technology partners, while also able to connect and build trust- based relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by August 29, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The job grade for this position is 12. The referral bonus for this position is 2.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.