The Solution Architect will be part of a dynamic Data and Analytics team and play a leadership role in bringing experience in architecting, designing, implementing and managing the data environment. These will include on premise and cloud based systems. Reporting to the VP, Chief Data Office, the successful candidate will work closely with the business, technology leaders and IT professionals. The position will be based in either Winnipeg or Toronto with the expectation of travel between locations.
As a member of the Operations and Technology 5 year transformation program the incumbent will play a leadership role in designing and migrating to IGM’s target environment. This will include services in the cloud as well as strategic outsourced capabilities to create a Hybrid data environment for IGM.
The Solution Architect’s primary responsibility is leading the architecture and operation of innovative data solutions related to the creation of business capabilities utilizing the data platform. This includes the proactive strategic road-mapping, assisting in planning, prioritization and execution of a program of work that will sustain and enhance data capabilities while minimizing business impact and maximizing productivity.
In addition, the incumbent will provide consulting and design services, as well as providing support through resource planning, mentoring technical staff, providing vendor/supplier co-ordination within projects for technical products or services, and act as a liaison with senior business and information services leaders.
Key accountabilities include:
- developing and advancing the data architecture roadmap
- design and deployment of solutions
- governing to the enterprise design patterns and standards
The successful candidate will be accountable to:
- Lead the architecture of IGM’s data and analytics solutions including cloud alternatives
- Participate in the development and maintenance of a prioritized and integrated multi-year integrated infrastructure roadmap
- Actively participate in solution architecture activities for data related initiatives
- Provide oversight to ensure that all components of systems are integrated, properly constructed and implemented. These may include external consultants, solution architects, solution delivery for infrastructure, principles, solutions and detail designs
- Design data management, repositories, to deliver the required functional and non-functional/engineering capabilities.
- Provide leadership and participate in the day to day execution of data projects
- Maintain strong relationships with Enterprise Architecture, Account Management/Delivery Leaders at all three operating companies, as well as business clients and the I.S. organization (including Shared Enterprise Services) to ensure business needs are satisfied.
- Active participation in Data Innovation through research, creation of points of views (POVs) and proof of concepts (POCs)
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Ten plus years of experience in a data architecture and design role in an information services function, with demonstrated knowledge and experience working with development methodologies, business processes, practices and standards, including change management theories and practices and financial management concepts
- Knowledge of modern data approaches and technologies such as converged systems, big data, advanced analytics is an asset
- Strong understanding of the use cases and architectures to support predictive analytics and AI levering modern data platforms
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a relevant business discipline – i.e. Computer Science
- Broad knowledge of IT industry technology and directions.
- Excellent client service orientation and significant client facing experience
- Demonstrated superior verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to adapt to change, balance competing priorities, and manage demanding, time sensitive situations
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Superior leadership, collaboration, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively and build consensus in a multi-functional team environment.
- Business acumen and consultative skills including effective communication with diverse audiences, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry would be an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.