Who We Are
IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier personal financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $156 billion in total assets under management as of March 31, 2018. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
As part of Power Financial Corporation, we are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies. We recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
The Quality Management division within IGM Financial Inc. is accepting applications for the position of Quality Lead, reporting to the Quality Manager.
How You Will Succeed
- Plan and estimate project or BAU work specific to quality management needs
- Accountable for the design and development of testing artefacts associated with functional & non-functional system testing such as Test Strategy and Planning documents
- Oversee test execution in partnership with various QM practitioners/business representatives/3rd party resources on medium and large size projects and work packages
- Work with the team to analyse business requirements through formal or informal reviews to determine System Test criteria and govern the approach to the test effort required
- Contribute and oversee the maintenance of test artefacts including status reports as required by our delivery methodology
- Run IGM defect management controls for medium and large projects and work packages, including the analyst & determining priority of defects
- Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with the project team and peer groups
- Perform risk assessment analysis and provides recommendations for improvement
- Ensure quality assurance processes, practices, and tools are known and followed
- Leverage QA software tools for defect management, regression, performance or automation testing based on industry best practices
Who You Are
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competency:
- Quality Management: The successful candidate will have at least five years of Quality Management or Quality Assurance experience with some of that time leading small or medium size projects and initiatives. If that, quality experience has been within Asset Management, Wealth Management or Capital Markets that would be a major asset but not a requirement
- Integrity: S/he will adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and will set a positive example for others
- Relationship Management: The successful candidate will have a proven ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers. The individual will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, and executive presence; s/he will be highly credible with senior executives while also able to connect and build trust- based relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an S/he will gain commitment, trust and support from others and will be able to sell ideas inside and outside the organization
- Versatility and Resilience: The successful candidate will be able to oversee multiple projects and excel in a complex and evolving portfolio. S/he will demonstrate appropriate flexibility in all situations and will be comfortable with ambiguity, while pivoting from macro to micro issues, from shaping the technology, innovation, digital, and strategy agenda through to the day-to- day details of operations and compliance issues
- Determination: The successful candidate will not be afraid to challenge the status quo; s/he will exhibit a mindset of creativity, determination, and an energetic drive to succeed. S/he will have a proven track record of setting and meeting aggressive goals and action plans, both as an individual and with a team
- Change Agent: S/he will be a confident leader with a low ego, and an ability to challenge and defend positions in a respectful way. S/he will be viewed as a visible leader, capable of building and articulating a shared vision for change
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by, August 10, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The referral bonus level for this position is 2.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.