The IGM Technology Division provides information technology solutions and support to the IGM Financial group of companies: Investors Group, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Council.
The Systems Integration team provides services primarily to Investors Group and Mackenzie Investments. Team members may occasionally work on multi-company initiatives, or participate in the implementation of multi-company technology solutions.
The IGM Technology division is looking for Systems Integrators to be based out of either its Winnipeg or Toronto locations. The successful candidates will be associated with the Systems Integration Services team.
The Systems Integration team is comprised of individuals who have specialized in one or more aspects of computer application technology and have delivery responsibilities that span Application Support, Projects and Portfolios.
Systems Integrators are skilled at the implementation of 3rd party hardware and software systems, and have specific deeper expertise in both infrastructure (such as networking, personal computing, server, etc.) and enterprise software solutions such as Mulesoft, IBM Security Access Manager, OpenText CMS, Microsoft Office, etc.
Working as a member of Project teams, Systems Integrators are responsible for the integration of 3rd party hardware and software into the existing Applications Technology and Shared Services environments and are responsible for ensuring that component deliverables are appropriately engineered, meet business service level expectations, and adhere to enterprise standards.
Systems Integrators also work as part of Application Support teams to support mission critical applications in the Production environment. In this role they are responsible for investigating and resolving Incidents reported by end users and escalated from the Service Desk or other Application Support teams, responding to alerts generated by application monitoring tools, as well as handling Service Requests to resolve defects or implement minor enhancements and upgrades.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and development of application technology to support the IGM Technology plan
- Participate in project planning and estimating
- Ensure components are engineered to meet service levels and corporate Technology standards
- After Hours On-Call and Level 3 Advanced Support
- Maintain and support internal and third-party software packages and escalate issues to vendors or other in-house Support teams as appropriate
- Perform software upgrades to internal and third-party applications and services
- Research and resolve problems within the scope of responsibility, escalating to appropriate departmental staff any issues that may adversely impact systems
- Create and maintain accurate technical support documentation and procedural compliance documentation
- Build and deploy technology infrastructure to assist and automate maintenance, security, and deployment processes
- Participate in transition to production and transition to maintenance, including providing relevant documentation and orientation to support teams
- Participate in direction setting and research for the Systems Integration Services team
- Develop or contribute to Best Practices and the mentoring of junior staff
- Work closely with Project Managers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Systems Analysts, Systems Architects, Software Developers and other Systems Integrators
- Experience implementing and supporting new application technology into a large scale infrastructure environment, including On Premise and Hosted solutions
- Experience with two or more of the following is an asset
- Unix/Linux or MS Windows server administration
- MS IIS or IBM Websphere server administration
- MS SQL or Oracle database administration
- Scripting with PowerShell or Python
- MS Windows workstation administration and support
- Network administration including the support of Firewalls, Switches and Routers
- Bachelor of Science university degree or equivalent education and experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Proven ability to write effective documentation that is clear and meaningful to its target audience
- Effective internal consulting skills with a strong customer service orientation
- Detail oriented with proven success in setting work priorities, multi-tasking and balancing varying demands
- Ability to lead and mentor others
- Positive attitude and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Dedication to keeping up to date with current trends and best practices
- Previous work at a large financial institution would be a definite asset
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 P.M. on August 24, 2018. For additional information concerning this position, contact Warren Pedersen, at ext. 8029.