IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier personal financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $156 billion in total assets under management as of March 31, 2018. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
As part of Power Financial Corporation, we are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies. We recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
IGM Technology Reporting is looking for a Senior IT Reporting Analyst for its Winnipeg or Toronto location.
The Senior IT Reporting Analyst will take on a lead role coordinating and executing the development, planning, modeling, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of the reports used by and on behalf of the IGM Technology Division. The incumbent, in consultation with the IT leadership team, will also be responsible for preparing and delivering reporting that fully meets IT, business partners and regulatory requirements. Other duties will include providing support collecting, analyzing, reviewing and distributing new and existing IT operational reports.
- Develop and manage reporting activities to support the information needs and operational aspects of the IT delivery organization
- Identify, plan, design, develop and deploy customized/ad-hoc reports and processes within the IGM Technology division
- Collect and validate report and process requirements, setting expectations regarding capabilities and service delivery, and respond to ad-hoc inquiries as needed
- Identify and understand operational drivers to support the development, implementation and continuous improvements of the IT delivery report functions and processes
- Continually assess existing reports and processes to implement improvements, streamline data collection of the pertinent indicators to derive the right metrics
- Engage and collaborate with other business units in support of the IT delivery reporting needs
- Partake in preparing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operational and planning reports for and on behalf of IT delivery leadership
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 4-7 years of work experience providing reporting solutions with emphasis on service level reporting, trending, metrics
- Exceptional planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to complete tasks effectively in a diverse, fast-paced environment
- Proven success setting work priorities, multi-tasking and balancing varying competing demands, ability to tolerate ambiguities and changes to tight deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in completing tasks with attention to detail, experience in collecting user requirements
- Self-motivated, creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (VISIO, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint); intermediate to advanced experience with VB, SQL or other scripting tools; willing to learn and adopt new technologies
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross functional teams as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills to effectively develop relationships with multiple partners, both internal and external, continuously exhibiting service oriented attitude
- Demonstrated superior verbal and written communication
Please apply by July 27, 2018. For additional information concerning this position, contact Izabela Pokora at 204-954-5701.