IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier personal financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $156 billion in total assets under management as of March 31, 2018. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
As part of Power Financial Corporation, we are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies. We recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
We are looking for an Assistant Vice-President, Data Science & Big Data Analytics to join our Data Science and Advanced Analytics department located in Winnipeg and Toronto. The department’s mandate is to elevate and promote the capabilities of Data Science and Analytics within all enterprises of IGM Financial, which includes Investors Group, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel, by identifying and delivering on opportunities where Data Science approaches are best leveraged to achieve optimal outcomes.
The AVP Data Science & Big Data Analytics is responsible for leading efforts to innovatively combine data, technology and scientific techniques to discover and deliver valuable insights into our business. We are looking for a strong, experienced leader to drive data science innovation across the organization and who thrives in a dynamic work environment.
- Identify new data science projects by applying deep analytics knowledge to functional business issues. Work with key stakeholders to generate hypotheses. Mine data to identify patterns and trends. Lead development of statistical data models to generate insights and recommendations.
- Identify new data sources and evaluate emerging technologies and analytic trends for data discovery and visualization. Work with data developers to integrate data from multiple internal and external sources to be used for analytics models.
- Establish analytical standards and best practices to be leveraged across the enterprise. Take on expert role on enterprise workgroups and panels. Guide development and make recommendations to executive.
- Recruit, train and lead team specialized in advanced data science and big data techniques and apply best available practices for artificial intelligence and machine learning. Scope analytics projects, bringing the right mix of resources/capabilities.
- Work closely with IGM Leadership and Advanced Analytics Delivery Lead to understand and execute Data Science and Big Data requirements for IGM.
- 10+ years of professional experience in data analytics and related disciplines
- PhD in Statistics, Comp Sci or equivalent advanced degree
- Demonstrated success in implementing data science and big data functions within a top firm
- Proven leadership, management and implementation abilities required
- Experience with Agile development, SAP HANA, and Data governance highly desirable
Investors Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
Please apply directly to Career Opportunities/Possibilité de carrières before July 20, 2018. For technical difficulties when applying, please click here.