The Portfolio Operations Department is a shared services division within Fund Services that’s responsible for securities pricing, corporate actions, dividends, trade reporting, securities lending, FX, cash projections, and custody reconciliation for Investors Group, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Council. We have offices in Toronto and Winnipeg.
Portfolio Operations is accepting applications for the position of Senior Portfolio Operations Administrator with our Derivatives & Alternative Investments team. This position requires a self-motivated individual to take a leading administrative role in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Reporting to the Manager, Portfolio Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Rigorously executing critical daily processes in support of accurate and timely full life-cycle processing of various derivatives (futures, SWAPs, shorts) including SMF set-up, trade input, settlement, valuation, collateral management, reconciliation, roll-over/exercise, and reporting
- Rigorously executing critical daily processes in support of accurate and timely full life-cycle processing of term loans including SMF set-up, loan documentation, trade input, settlement, adjustments, payment receipt, reconciliation, and posting
- Providing training, guidance, and assistance to team members with daily activities as needed
- Supporting the Manager and being the first point of escalation for any issues or problems that arise during daily operations
- Participating in departmental initiatives and projects
- Operating and supporting specialist systems for derivatives, valuations, reconciliations, and term loans
- Working professionally with traders/investment advisors, brokers/counter-parties, and custodians to identify, investigate and resolve portfolio discrepancies and market settlement problems
- Researching and creating securities profiles
The following qualifications will assist the successful candidate in carrying out these responsibilities:
- Four years experience in an accounting/operations related position (experience with mutual funds, securities/investments, foreign currency translation, term loans and especially derivatives preferred)
- Post-secondary degree in accounting/finance/business/commerce or equivalent
- Successful completion of the CSC and DFC is required
- Familiarity with systems such as Dimension, Bloomberg, Markit, and T-Recs
- Proficiency in PC software such as MS Excel and Word
- Programming/development and data management skills an asset
- Strong attention to detail coupled with proven research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment and deal with fluctuating work volumes
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of applicable policies and procedures
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. Please ensure your cover letter and resume are attached and record your extension number on your resume. All resumes should be received by July 3, 2018 . If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. This position is a job grade level 9. The referral bonus level for this position is 2.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.