We’re IGM Financial – a Canadian leader in providing personal financial planning services, and dedicated to building
lasting client relationships. This is your opportunity to build a career with a leading organization where you can learn, grow
and thrive both professionally and personally.
We are currently looking for a Integration COE Solutions Architect, API & ESB Integration to join our Winnipeg and Toronto Integration and Automation Centre for Excellence (COE) to provide architectural and design direction to a portfolio of development work including COE, projects and/or sustainment activities within the Integration and Process Automation Platforms, providing strong leadership, direction and support to I.T. teams within the Integration and Process Automation portfolio to grow our winning culture and they work closely with our business partners to deliver quality solutions that meet their needs.
The successful candidate will be:
- Responsible to design end to end architecture both high and low level. Responsible for architecting project integration solutions on behalf of Integration & Automation COE, aligned to Integration Practices.
- Responsible for identification, design and operations of Integration COE assets
- Responsible to shape the API/Integration roadmap.
- Working closely with LOB/consumers and providers thru out the project, will provide thought leadership, leading key stakeholders in designing and adopting API architecture.
- Able to identify architectural challenges and risk and proactively suggest a way to address them.
- Able to understand business needs and translate them into integration solutions/API definition and design specifications
- Interacting with Business Analysts, Architects, Developers and Project Managers/Scrum Master Operations to ensure end to end success.
- Apply a pragmatic approach to balance immediate and longer-term API development
- Provide advice and guidance to the delivery team to ensure a smooth implementation and remove road blocks, mitigating risks.
- Engage in peer review sessions of new API solution designs and provide feedback and recommendations to address any gaps found in artifact review.
- Provide architectural oversight over API solution designs to ensure consistency and continuity across integration delivery teams.
- API prototyping using RAML to showcase iterative/emergent API specification driven design.
- Ensure APIs are aligned with the defined architectural principle dictated by CTO team.
- Work in close relations with Platform Architect, COE Evangelist and DevOps Architect to ensure full team alignment in term of message, technology and goals.
- Key contributor and reviewer of internal repository of Centre 4 Enablement assets.
- Comfortable working in both structured and unstructured environment, working towards a long term strategic goals and while willing and able to make fast decision having the courage to fail.
- Ability to guide developers across all the relevant stage of an API program.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Excellent knowledge of integration technologies in particular ESB and API pattern and technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of integration PaaS technologies.
- Excellent REST and SOAP web services.
- Excellent knowledge of API lifecycle and conscious of the impact of it in a medium or long term vision.
- Good knowledge of API Management technologies.
- Good working knowledge of Mulesoft both as developer and as architect.
- Exposure to continuous development/integration principles.
- Excellent knowledge of all the stack components involved in an API program deployment.
- Strong understanding of business trends.
- Familiar with the concept of 2Speed IT.
- Credibility in front of business customers at all levels and ability to expose complete
- Ability to negotiate and influence on key decisions.
- Experience in delivering enterprise API program as architect for both internal and external consumption.
- Track of record in delivering complex enterprise scale software solutions.
- Experience in Mulesoft as developer or Integration Architect.
- Experience with agile project delivery including CI.
- Desirable to have experience and knowledge of ETL, RPA, Workflow and BPM technologies and solutions
- Have good understanding of the Financial Services industry
- Have University degree and/or post-graduate education
- Delivery Mindset: The successful candidate will be able to oversee multiple projects and excel in a complex and evolving portfolio. With a proven track record of setting and meeting clear goals and action plans, both as an individual and with a team.
- Integrity: S/he will adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and will set a positive example for others.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: The successful candidate will have a proven track record of engaging and supporting and partnering with business units; working transparently and cooperatively with the cross-functional teams, and effectively engaging all pertinent stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Communication: The individual will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Credibility: S/he will be highly credible with business and technology partners, while also able to connect and build trust- based relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- People Management: The individual will provide leadership and effective management of staff; accountable to influence employee commitment to the organization, to the team, and to their job. Set appropriate context when assigning work to link the employee’s work to organizational/ business unit goals. Lead and build a team and individual capabilities to ensure employees can perform to job requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry API and RPA development best practices
- Have experience working with and implementing solutions involving: integration (MuleSoft) and RPA (Blue Prism) technologies
- Have deep understanding of the Financial Services industry
- Have University degree and/or post-graduate education
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by Jun 15 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The job grade for this position is 12. The referral bonus for this position is 2.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 18-134