We’re IGM Financial – a Canadian leader in providing personal financial planning services, and dedicated to building lasting client relationships. This is your opportunity to build a career with a leading organization where you can learn, grow and thrive both professionally and personally.
We are currently looking for an Enterprise Release Engineer to join our Winnipeg or Toronto teams to provide leadership in the area of release management, continuous integration and DevOps. The Digital development team is the most rapidly growing area of IGM Financial. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Salesforce development practices and possess experience working on projects involving multiple Agile teams. In additional to technical skills, the candidate will possess the ability to influence stakeholders across all levels of the organization to ensure multiple workstreams collaborate efficiently.
What motivates you?
- You embrace operating within an organization that is transforming rapidly
- You embrace change and see yourself as an agent of change with proven record
- You put yourself in the mindset of the business and understand what solutions will enable the development of value driven products
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce including Salesforce DX, Lightning components, APEX, Service Cloud, Communities preferred
- Leadership experience in DevOps tools that support continuous integration, application release automation, build automation and application lifecycle management
Scheduled or ad hoc travel may be required for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option and have your referral indicate that they were referred by you when completing the application. All resumes should be received by June 7, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The job grade for this position is 12. The referral bonus for this position is 2.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.