Reporting to the AVP Corporate Technology Solutions, the Manager Application Development – Fund Administration & Investment partners with assigned Delivery Leads, Account Managers, Technology partners and business SMEs to ensure the timely development and implementation of Application and IT solutions.
- Provides insight to Delivery Leads and Account Managers on emerging and future trends, best practices and benchmarking to be considered as solutions to business needs.
- Analyzes business and/or client processes and practices to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement through technology solutions.
- Influences the direction of IT strategy and IT solutions, and the utilization of emerging technologies.
- Forges collaborative partnerships with the Account Manager, Delivery Lead, and other IGM team members brought in to support the client (e.g. System Architects, Systems Analysts, etc.)
- Acts as the interface between the developers and the Account Manager, Delivery Lead and the client.
- Transfers subject matter expertise to other IT practitioners and business partners where appropriate.
- Supports a team of Software Developers by providing management, coaching, learning/development opportunities and mentorship to Development staff.
- Ensures that numerous and diverse applications are sufficiently robust and flexible to meet the requirements of changing business needs.
- Establishes, in partnership with appropriate organizational expertise as well as Account Managers and Delivery Leads, return on investment parameters and performance indicators for all new applications and initiatives in the business lines supported.
- Manages the development and implementation of innovative applications using emerging technologies to create new business opportunities.
- Establishes and promotes Development Guidelines to improve consistency across application development delivery.
- Provides tools and processes to develop the team’s capability in exploiting technology and developing skills and expertise to meet current and future business needs.
- Supports Project Managers and Scrum Masters with facilitation of project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Ensures optimal availability and reliability of existing applications.
- Develops and implements a continuous improvement process for all applications ensuring both the effective and timely resolution of production problems and the effective transfer of knowledge.
- Ensures the oversight for resolution of escalated Development Delivery issues.
- Is accountable to ensure appropriate service levels are attained for Development Delivery activities and represents this information to the client and business partners.
- University degree/college certificate in Information Technology, and/or equivalent work experience of 10+ years – particularly in the development of systems and applications for Fund Administration & Investment Management business areas
- Industry knowledge of best practices and recent innovations to support Technology Development work
- Demonstrated track record of hiring, developing, and retaining exceptional talent
- Demonstrated experience with various SDEs, programming languages, database technology, and tools, including Python, SQL, MongoDB, GIT, RedGate, etc.
- Strong skills and previous experience in coding, troubleshooting, debugging, and code deployment in an agile development environment; experience delivering in a Dev Ops environment
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts and analysis implications to a non-technical audience
- Advanced skills and experience in technology delivery oversight, with the ability to manage multiple resources and initiatives simultaneously
- Strong understanding of business continuity management principles and associated disciplines as they relate to development i.e. disaster recovery, incident management, information security, privacy and vendor management
- The successful candidate will not be afraid to challenge the status quo, exhibiting a mindset of creativity, determination, and an energetic drive to succeed
- Ability to build strong working relationships with executives and business partners, through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and executive presence
- Ability to successfully articulate and guide the others through change, while maintaining focus, intensity and team cohesion
- Ability to enable the personal and professional development of team members through effective leadership, empowerment, training, coaching, mentoring, motivation and supervision
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 18-097