Reporting to the AVP Corporate Technology Solutions, the Director, Corporate Technology Solutions - Fund Administration & Investment acts as an advocate on behalf of Fund Administration & Investment stakeholders to ensure Technology solutions and projects efficiently and effectively meet business priorities and needs. In addition, this role will act as a technology advisor to business stakeholders to ensure projects successfully deliver on defined business needs.
- Accountable to manage the business relationship from a Project / Solution-centric approach, partnering closely to support Account Managers with the portfolio relationship, and help steer the Development leads.
- Plays a leadership role in supporting and advancing the strategic priorities of business partners by aligning efficient and innovative technology solutions and resources to meet those priorities.
- Supports overall planning and demand management discussions with business leaders and technology partners, ensuring alignment and clarity of project-based intake, capacity, prioritization and progress.
- Is a technical advisor by ensuring well considered technology perspectives & expertise are integrated into business decision making processes – by ensuring early engagement and involvement of key technology partners (i.e. Architecture, Development, CoEs).
- Leverages business and technology acumen to translate complex technology concepts into business language, ensuring input and recommendations are addressing and answering business questions and requirements.
- Forges collaborative partnerships, negotiating and building alignment to ensure clear direction across business, technology and 3rd party partners during the execution of projects.
- Communicates project / solution vision, goals and priorities to project team members (e.g. Development, Systems Analysis, CoEs, PMs).
- Responsible for ensuring Fund Administration & Investment technology projects deliver on defined business outcomes.
- Is actively engaged and involved in project-level business decisioning – understanding trade-offs and communicating decisions, priorities and relevant project information to technology and business partners.
- Ensures stakeholder expectations are clear at the on-set of projects and is proactive in identifying and resolving disconnects through negotiation or governance mechanisms.
- Supports the identification and on-boarding of the right skill-sets and capabilities from internal functional team leaders and external partners.
- Actively supports the Account Manager with ranking and prioritization of programs and projects in the portfolio to maximize the value and desired objectives of the portfolio.
- Monitors and reports on projects /programs in the portfolio (in partnership with PMO) and assists in identifying and addressing issues that could impact meeting timelines, budget and / or scope.
- Ensures operational, reputational & intellectual risks are understood by project teams.
- Ensures the oversight for resolution of escalated IT issues.
- Supports the execution of change management activities (i.e., frequent communication about rationale for change, impacts of changes, actions to minimize disruption and achieve desired results)
The successful candidate will have the following educational and technical experience:
- Industry knowledge of relevant practices, principles and technologies relating to Fund Administration & Investment Management
- Working experience with Asset Management front, middle and back-office systems and platforms
- Working experience with data management solutions supporting investment decision making
- Advanced skills and experience in technology projects oversight, with the ability to manage/ oversee multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- University degree/college certificate in Information Technology and/or equivalent work experience of 10+ years
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Relationship Management: The successful candidate will have a proven ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers.
- Communication: The individual will possess effective communication and interpersonal skills, and executive presence; able to connect and build trust-based relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an
- Influence & Focus: The successful candidate will have the ability to focus/align the organization around critical initiatives, best practices and guiding principles. S/he will have exceptional influencing skills and will work transparently and cooperatively with the cross-functional teams, effectively engaging all pertinent stakeholders, both internal and
- Change Management: Ability to successfully articulate and guide the others through change, while maintaining focus, intensity and team cohesion.
- Determination: The successful candidate will not be afraid to challenge the status quo; s/he will exhibit a mindset of creativity, determination, and an energetic drive to succeed.
- Versitility and Resilience: The successful candidate will be able to oversee multiple projects and excel in a complex and evolving portfolio. S/he will have a proven track record of setting and meeting aggressive goals and action plans, both as an individual and with a
- Flexibility: S/he will demonstrate appropriate flexibility in all situations and will be comfortable with ambiguity, while pivoting from macro to micro issues.
- Integrity: S/he will adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and will set a positive example for
- Development of Others: Ability to enable the personal and professional development of team members through effective leadership, empowerment, training, coaching, mentoring, motivation and supervision
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.