We’re IGM Financial – a Canadian leader in providing personal financial planning services, and dedicated to building lasting client relationships. This is your opportunity to build a career with a leading organization where you can learn, grow and thrive both professionally and personally.
We are currently looking for a Manager, API, Desktop & Process Automation Delivery Services to join our Winnipeg and Toronto teams to oversees a portfolio of development work including projects and/or sustainment activities within the Integration and Process Automation Platforms. They provide strong leadership, direction and support to I.T. teams within the Integration and Process Automation portfolio to grow our winning culture and they work closely with our business partners to deliver quality solutions that meet their needs.
The successful candidate will:
- Partner with applications leads, architects, project managers and vendor partners (where required) to define clear project scope and vision and set development goals
- Manage and communicate risks associated with development activities; proactively identifying potential impacts to delivery timelines and scope, and taking appropriate actions to mitigate
- Support the development of new and innovative ways to develop IGM API and RPA platforms
- Provide leadership and management to staff dedicated to API and RPA development; ensuring that staff are trained and current on best practices and coding standards
- Assess how development objectives can best be met using current staff and resources
- Ensure that all coding is completed in based on consistent approaches
- Review deliverables throughout development lifecycle to ensure quality and traceability to requirements and adherence to all quality management plans and standards
- Prioritize development issues and collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to address and remediate issues in a timely manner based on priority and severity
- Provide technical consultation, expertise and solutions; converting requirement specifications into quality solutions
- Constantly improve the development processes, tools and methodologies used in the API and RPA development groups
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry API and RPA development best practices
- Have experience working with and implementing solutions involving : integration (MuleSoft) and RPA (Blue Prism) technologies
- Have deep understanding of the Financial Services industry
- Have University degree and/or post-graduate education
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Workflow Management: The successful candidate will have strong experience in partnering with business and technology partners to understand project and business priorities and schedule work with staff based on those priorities
- Relationship Management: The successful candidate will have a proven ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers.
- Delivery Mindset: The successful candidate will be able to oversee multiple projects and excel in a complex and evolving portfolio. With a proven track record of setting and meeting clear goals and action plans, both as an individual and with a team.
- Integrity: S/he will adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and will set a positive example for others.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: The successful candidate will have a proven track record of engaging and supporting and partnering with business units; working transparently and cooperatively with the cross-functional teams, and effectively engaging all pertinent stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Communication: The individual will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Credibility: S/he will be highly credible with business and technology partners, while also able to connect and build trust- based relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- People Management: The individual will provide leadership and effective management of staff; accountable to influence employee commitment to the organization, to the team, and to their job. Set appropriate context when assigning work to link the employee’s work to organizational/ business unit goals. Lead and build a team and individual capabilities to ensure employees can perform to job requirements
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by May 11, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The job grade for this position is 13. The referral bonus is 3.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 18-109