IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier personal financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $156 billion in total assets under management as of March 31, 2018. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
As part of Power Financial Corporation, we are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies. We recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
We are currently looking for a Delivery Lead, Fund Administration & Investment to join our Application Technology department as part of either Mackenzie Investments (Toronto) or Investors Group (Winnipeg).
The Delivery Lead, Fund Administration & Investment acts as an advocate on behalf of Fund Administration & Investment stakeholders to ensure Technology solutions and projects efficiently and effectively meet business priorities and needs. In addition, this role will act as a technology advisor to business stakeholders to ensure projects successfully deliver on defined business needs.
- Accountable to manage the business relationship from a Project / Solution-centric approach, partnering closely to support Account Managers with the portfolio relationship, and help steer the Development leads.
- Supports overall planning and demand / partner management discussions with business leaders and technology partners, ensuring alignment and clarity of project-based intake, capacity, prioritization and progress.
- Is a technical advisor by ensuring well considered technology perspectives & expertise are integrated into business decision making processes – by ensuring early engagement and involvement of key technology partners (i.e. Architecture, Development, CoEs).
- Leverages business and technology acumen to translate complex technology concepts into business language, ensuring input and recommendations are addressing and answering business questions and requirements.
- Forges collaborative partnerships, negotiating and building alignment to ensure clear direction across business, technology and 3rd party partners during the execution of projects.
- Communicates project / solution vision, goals and priorities to project team members (e.g. Development, Systems Analysis, CoEs, PMs).
- Responsible for ensuring Fund Administration & Investment technology projects deliver on defined business outcomes.
- Is actively engaged and involved in project-level business decisioning – understanding trade-offs and communicating decisions, priorities and relevant project information to technology and business partners.
- Ensures stakeholder expectations are clear at the on-set of projects and is proactive in identifying and resolving disconnects through negotiation or governance mechanisms.
- Supports the identification and on-boarding of the right skill-sets and capabilities from internal functional team leaders and external partners.
- Actively supports the Account Manager with ranking and prioritization of programs and projects in the portfolio to maximize the value and desired objectives of the portfolio.
- Monitors and reports on projects /programs in the portfolio (in partnership with PMO) and assists in identifying and addressing issues that could impact meeting timelines, budget and / or scope.
- Ensures operational, reputational & intellectual risks are understood by project teams.
- Ensures the oversight for resolution of escalated IT issues.
- Supports the execution of change management activities (i.e., frequent communication about rationale for change, impacts of changes, actions to minimize disruption and achieve desired results)
The successful candidate will have the following educational and technical experience:
- Industry knowledge of relevant practices, principles and technologies relating to Fund Administration & Investment Management
- University degree/college certificate in Information Technology and/or equivalent work experience of 10+ years
- Advanced skills and experience in technology projects oversight, with the ability to manage/ oversee multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Relationship Management: The successful candidate will have a proven ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers.
- Communication: The individual will possess effective communication and interpersonal skills, and executive presence; able to connect and build trust-based relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an
- Influence & Focus: The successful candidate will have the ability to focus/align the organization around critical initiatives, best practices and guiding principles. S/he will have exceptional influencing skills and will work transparently and cooperatively with the cross-functional teams, effectively engaging all pertinent stakeholders, both internal and
- Change Management: Ability to successfully articulate and guide the others through change, while maintaining focus, intensity and team cohesion.
- Determination: The successful candidate will not be afraid to challenge the status quo; s/he will exhibit a mindset of creativity, determination, and an energetic drive to succeed.
- Versatility and Resilience: The successful candidate will be able to oversee multiple projects and excel in a complex and evolving portfolio. S/he will have a proven track record of setting and meeting aggressive goals and action plans, both as an individual and with a
- Flexibility: S/he will demonstrate appropriate flexibility in all situations and will be comfortable with ambiguity, while pivoting from macro to micro issues.
- Integrity: S/he will adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and will set a positive example for
- Development of Others: Ability to enable the personal and professional development of team members through effective leadership, empowerment, training, coaching, mentoring, motivation and supervision
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by May 7, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The job grade for this position is 14. The referral bonus is 3.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 18-096