IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's premier personal financial services companies, and one of the country's largest managers and distributors of investment funds and other managed asset products, with over $156 billion in total assets under management as of March 31, 2018. Its activities are carried out principally through Investors Group Inc., Mackenzie Financial Corporation and Investment Planning Counsel Inc.
As part of Power Financial Corporation, we are focused on the long-term strength and stability of our companies. We recognize these as core responsibilities to our clients and shareholders as we adapt and lead in an ever-changing world.
We are currently looking for a Senior Platform Architect, Investment Management & Product to join our Application Delivery department as part of Mackenzie Investments (Toronto).
The Senior Platform Architect performs a key role in ensuring IGM technology solutions are aligned with and enabling business growth and sustained performance.
The role is responsible to:
- Provide direction, guidance and definition of select IGM’s technology Platforms, ensuring it aligns and supports business capabilities and requirements.
- Provide platform solution and architectural consultation to business and technology teams, advising on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and alignment to business and technology priorities.
- Work with business leaders to understand business capabilities and assess how select platforms enable, support and influence these capabilities.
- Partner with Enterprise, Security, Data and Solutions architects to create target-state architectures and roadmaps for implementation.
- Constantly update platform architecture requirements based on changing technologies/solutions, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Collaborate with all relevant parties to review the objectives and constraints of platform technology solutions, to determine and ensure conformance with enterprise and business architecture, and to recommend the most suitable solutions.
- Contribute to IGM Enterprise Architecture governing bodies and processes (i.e. Technology Design Authority).
- Evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends and ensure recommendations are based on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment.
This role will have experience in a broad range of architecture domains including:
- Application - Mapping applications and business capabilities to describe how systems interact within the organization and support business processes.
- Information - Facilitating the modeling of data structures as they relate to business applications and capabilities.
- Software development – Deciding on high-level design choices and defining technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
- Software package integration – Developing patterns for software package deployment and integration within the enterprise applications landscape.
- Technical - Describing the behavior of infrastructure platforms and the business systems that they support.
- Enterprise Architecture certification (TOGAF, FEAF, Dodaf, Zachman etc)
The successful candidate will demonstrate working knowledge of:
- investment instruments, including mutual funds, ETFs, alternative funds, etc.;
- financial data management solutions;
- investment research and analytics tools;
- portfolio construction, order management and trade execution platforms;
- performance measurement and attribution platforms.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core competencies:
- Relationship Management: The successful candidate will have a proven ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, vendors and peers; The individual will possess effective communication and interpersonal skills, and executive presence; s/he will be highly credible with senior executives while also able to connect and build trust- based relationships with stakeholders at all levels of an S/he will gain commitment, trust and support from others and will be able to sell ideas inside and outside the organization.
- Influence & Focus: The successful candidate will have the ability to focus/align the organization around critical initiatives, best practices and guiding principles. S/he will have exceptional influencing skills and will work transparently and cooperatively with the cross-functional teams, effectively engaging all pertinent stakeholders, both internal and
- Determination: The successful candidate will not be afraid to challenge the status quo; s/he will exhibit a mindset of creativity, determination, and an energetic drive to succeed. S/he will have a proven track record of setting and meeting aggressive goals and action plans, both as an individual and with a
- Versatility and Resilience: The successful candidate will be able to oversee multiple projects and excel in a complex and evolving portfolio. S/he will demonstrate appropriate flexibility in all situations and will be comfortable with ambiguity, while pivoting from macro to micro issues, from shaping the technology, innovation, digital, and strategy agenda through to the day-to- day details of operations and compliance
- Integrity: S/he will adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional integrity and will set a positive example for others.
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by May 7, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The job grade for this position is 14. The referral bonus is 3.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 18-095