Reporting to the Manager of Portfolio Delivery Office, the Project Management Analyst is responsible for providing project management support for multiple projects of varying complexity across various lines of business. In addition to support responsibilities, the Project Management Analyst is responsible for monitoring consistent application of the Application Delivery and Project Management processes and practices.
- Project initiation – creating projects in the MS Project tool and financial reporting systems; establishing project folder structures according to departmental standards and project manager’s directions
- Project planning – creating and maintaining project/program schedules in MS Project; establishing the cost management framework for projects and project portfolios
- Project execution – creating and maintaining decision, change management, project risk logs
- Project monitoring – tracking of project costs and ensuring the reconciliation of information in financial reporting systems; tracking cost re-projections and informing project managers of variances and deviations from the plan; performing trend analysis on program and project portfolio components and recommending solutions to issues when appropriate
- Project closeout – verifying compliance with mandatory deliverables at project close out; ensuring project documentation archiving is executed in accordance with compliance and regulatory requirements
- Creation of project portfolio status, cost and resource allocation tracking reports
- Participation in the development and enhancement of existing Project Management practices and deliverables
- Delivery of orientation and training sessions in Project Management processes and practices
- Collaboration with other Project Management Analysts across the group of companies to identify and implement Project Management Analyst best practices
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a project management environment – either working on projects as a member of a team, or in a project management support role
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of MS Project Server is an asset
- Experience in report generation and working knowledge of basic financial practices
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in fast paced and competing priorities environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and application of Project Management methods, practices, processes and scheduling software is an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position please direct applications on-line using the “apply for this job” icon located at the bottom or to the left of the posting. If you would like to refer someone for the position please email the posting using the “email this job” option. All resumes should be received by May 2, 2018. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Human Resources. Please record your extension number on your resume and cover letter. The job grade for this position is 8. The referral bonus is 2.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments offers an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive base salary, performance-based bonuses, excellent benefits, recognition for your accomplishments, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
File # 18-089