Everything we do starts with the needs of investors, whether they are saving for a child’s postsecondary education, setting money aside for the future needs of a family member with a disability, or funding their own retirement. In fact, our focus is summed up in our Vision statement: We are committed to the financial success of investors, through their eyes.
Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees, and we strive to create a workplace supported by the following core values: Creativity and Innovation, Strong Decision Making, Collaboration, Courage, Honesty and Integrity, Confidence and Pride.
At Mackenzie Investments you can Build Your Career with Confidence by:
Changing the Game: We have a vision and a strategy that will challenge the way business in this industry is done and help Canadians be successful in the ways that mean the most to them.
Making a Smarter World: We believe in continuous learning, understanding what is most important and sharing the benefits of that knowledge.
Being Proud: As a part of our team you will do some of your best work, develop some of your most valuable skills and give back in ways that make a difference in the lives of Canadians.
Joining an Unstoppable Team: We build teams that look out for each other, ask the best of each other and deliver the finest work.
Learning and Growing: We offer an environment where you can indulge your curiosity to learn; getting the challenges and feedback you need to refine your skills and abilities.
Thriving in a Supportive Environment: We have created a workplace where your efforts and career are supported by your team and your leader.
As a valued member of the Retail Distribution team your core responsibilities will include:
- Create and implement your business plan in partnership with the District Vice-President, Group Plans, for your assigned geographic territory
- Develop & uncover new business opportunities via proactive sales calls with new & existing investment advisors. Create new sales proposals.
- Advise & give value-add ideas about Mackenzie products & services in order to support advisors in an ever changing business environment
- Provide ongoing support to dealers & brokers regarding market & fund performance, as well as review portfolio profiles
- Help grow the MFC Group business through supporting existing advisors with existing plans and by adding new Group advisors. Support of existing Group advisors is a key element of the Group aspect of the sales role.
- Work with advisors to educate them about the various group plans offered by Mackenzie. Detail the features and benefits of each type of plan and help advisors understand what plan best suits their client's needs. This is accomplished by phone and email.
- Call advisors to thank them for setting up a plan with Mackenzie and to provide them with their group plan number and contact information for our administration department.
- Provide training, with respect to group plans, to new DSRs who join Mackenzie
- Work with the DSRs on a daily basis to answer the questions they have regarding group plans and to help them understand the group market.
Sales team support includes:
- Preparing / presenting monthly internal team reports to the Regional Vice President
- Overseeing the territory management by preparing/maintaining/forecasting consistent geographic coverage including scheduling client meetings
- Scheduling and/or coordinating territory/corporate events, branch meetings and product manager presentations which includes sending invitations, booking venues, catering and confirming attendance
- Sorting and prioritizing incoming client mail, emails, answering/redirecting calls, responding to inquiries/requests
- Maintaining all client related information in our CRM database
The following qualifications are required of the successful candidate:
- University degree
- Bilingualism (French/English) is a mandatory requirement for this role
- An entrepreneurial spirit, the desire to drive results, focused & energetic, strong communication skills – both verbal & written
- A passion for capital markets and how they relate to the fund industry
- Successful completion of a financial services industry program course (i.e. CSC, IFIC, CFA, CFP, CIM etc)
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation & benefits package (some examples include: Share Purchase Plan, Health and Dental coverage, Education/Career support and a paid Volunteer Day each year)
- Participate in the National Sales Conference as well as sales training events (opportunity to network with colleagues across the country)
- Ongoing training to develop market, product & sales skill knowledge
- Opportunity to attend multiple client events throughout the year
- Opportunity to participate in our Wholesaler Development Program (training & development to become a wholesaler)
We thank all applicants for their interest in Mackenzie Investments; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mackenzie Investments is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.